WARNING: Installing this bicycle product requires in-depth knowledge of bicycle mechanics and professional-grade tools. If you do not have the proper tools or knowledge to perform this installation, please take your bicycle to your local bicycle dealer. Failure to appropriately install this product may lead to component failure, resulting in serious injury or death.
We recommend that you have this product installed, adjusted and maintained by a professional bicycle mechanic.
Both Chromag saddles and seatposts are traditional dual-rail designs. Seatposts and saddles are compatible with other manufacturers traditional dual-rail designs but not for other designs or mounting technology.
• Inspect the rails and clamp surface of the seatpost before installation, checking for damage that may have occurred in shipping or, in the case of using an older component with a new one, from wear and tear.
• Remove or open the clamping mechanism from the head of the seatpost and locate the saddle rails in the seatpost head groove.
• Make sure to not exceed the maximum fore and aft markings on the saddle rails. Failure to do so can result in damage and potential failure.
• Everyone has a preferable fit (angle and position) of their saddle. Experiment to find yours.
• Do not exceed the maximum torque rating for the bolts on the seat post head clamp.
• Do not exceed the minimum insertion marks that are etched onto the seatpost.
Care and maintenance:
Chromag saddles are designed to be durable and to retain their comfort and performance for years to come.
Check and grease the bolt threads on seatposts at regular intervals (check bolt tightness monthly and grease after a solid season of riding).
Some saddles and seatpost combinations may develop a creak from time to time. Check the seatpost bolts are tight, lightly grease if necessary and perhaps use a small amount of silicon spray where the saddle rails enter and fix to the saddle upper.
Leather saddles can be treated with surface conditioners. Check with your local hardware store, shoe maker or leather specialist for available products. Note that different conditioners can have different effects on the leather (IE. softening or discoloration). The use takes all responsibility for the results of any treatments applied to the saddle.
Chromag saddles are warrantied from the time of purchase for a period of one year, or as per the local laws of the region of purchase. The warranty applies only to the original owner and covers the product only in the case of manufacturing defect. It does not cover products damaged due to normal wear and tear, damage resulting from extreme use abuse, neglect, negligence, fading of colors and materials over time or other situations that don’t qualify as normal riding or normal conditions.
The warranty does not cover modifications or installation. Improper installation of related components will void the warranty. Surface finishes such as paint, chrome, anodizing, stickers or graphic applications are not covered under warranty unless deemed qualified by Chromag Bikes. Claims can be made either through a Chromag dealer, distributor or direct with Chromag bikes. Products considered as potentially valid warranty claims must be returned for inspection and must include the original receipt. Shipping or labor costs are not covered.