"Before I found the Surface I’d tried a bunch of 29ers and although the benefits of the wheels were obvious often the bikes they were attached to felt a little too cross-country for my liking. I wanted a bike that I can race at the local midweek events, have a beer instead of washing it, then throw it in the back of my truck to go away for a weekend of epic, all-day rides with my buddies and never have to wonder if I have the right bike, no matter what trail we ride. I also want a bike built by Chris Dekerf because I know his heritage as a frame builder combined with the Chromag design philosophy and aesthetic."
Big wheels, all mountain
We focused our carefully honed design ideas on the big wheel platform and the result is the Surface. Slack at the front and short at the back, ready to rip and beyond awesome. The Surface features a 44-millimetre headtube to accommodate tapered steerer forks and a 31.6 I.D. seattube for dropper post options. It is made with custom drawn True Temper tubing and features our machined 'yokel' and asymmetrical chainstay arrangement for tire clearance. This frame is made in limited productions so contact us for waitlist details.
- Handmade with True Temper and Aircraft grade 4130 chromoly in British Columbia
- Chromag's own trail honed geometry
- Chainstay length optimized at 16.9" / 429mm
- Ample stand-over clearance
- Chromag modular dropout system for 10x135mm or 12x142mm
- Chromag’s own removeable ISCG tabs
- 44-millimetre head tube accepts tapered steerer forks
- Designed around a 120 to 140mm-travel fork
- 31.6mm diameter seat tube accepts most dropper posts
- Custom chain stay yokel
- Up to 2.4-inch tire clearance
- Any color you want
- 5.75 lb
Chainstay 16.9" Headtube 4.33" / 110mm Head Angle 68° Seattube Angle 73° BB Height 12.75" / 3 24mm Seatpost Size 31.6mm Headset Size 44mm Ft. Deraileur Size 34.9mm BB Shell 73mm (68mm pre Jan 2013) *Angles measured with travel at 5.5" / 140mm
S M M/L L XL Rider Height 5'2-5'7
156 - 170cm
Toptube Length (effective) 22.25"
Seattube Length (c-top) 15.5"