“I don’t want my riding time being interrupted, I just want to get out on the trails that I love, or keep on searching for more prime singletrack real estate. I used to race more than I do now, but to be honest, I’d rather slog it out among my friends on any given day, us against a big climb and then rally down to the fire pit we have at the end of the trail. Saying that, I race from time to time when one of my friends throws down the challenge. I’ve been riding bikes for most of my life now and I’ve seen a lot of fads come and go so now I just want a beautiful bike that was made by a guy who lives, rides and welds these frames near the trails that the frame was meant for. I also just want to be out riding my bike, the less nonsense the better.”
Midweight, All Mountain
The Samurai is built with a carefully honed geometry that is constantly evolving on the trails here in the mountains of British Columbia. Designed as a mid-weight, all-mountain frame the Samurai is the sharpest of all Chromag’s blades. Originally inspired by an invitation to a 60 kilometre singletrack race, the Samurai has proven its worth time and time again absolutely anywhere we have found ourselves. This frame is built in limited production so contact us for availability.
- Handmade with True Temper and Aircraft grade 4130 chromoly in British Columbia
- Chromag's own trail-honed geometry
- Custom chain stay yoke
- Ample stand over clearance
- Chromag modular dropout system for 10x135mm or 12x142mm rear axle
- Chromag’s own removable ISCG tab
- 44-millimetre head tube accepts tapered steerer forks
- Designed around a 130 to 150mm-travel fork
- 31.6-millimetre seat tube accepts most dropper posts
- Up to 2.4-inch tire clearance
- Any color you want
- 5.6 lbs
Chainstay 16.5" / 420mm Headtube 4.33" / 110mm Head Angle 67.5° Seattube Angle 74° BB Height 12.5" / 317mm Seatpost Size 31.6mm Headset Size 44mm Ft. Deraileur Size 34.9mm BB Shell 73mm (68mm pre Jan 2013)
*Angles measured with fork travel at 5" / 140mm
S M M/L L Rider Height 5'2-5'7
Toptube Length (effective) 22"
Seattube Length (c-top) 15.5"